"The Bare Necessities"
Want to rent a kayak or try kayaking for the first time but don't know where to even start? This course is best suited for first-time paddler's who just want to understand the minimal skills to get into a kayak and safely paddle on a small, calm body of water. We'll show you how to adjust your foot braes, how to land and launch, how to correctly hold your paddle, and we'll introduce basic strokes to help you move a kayak in the direction you want. We also discuss what to do if you capsize and how to get your kayak back to shore.
Location: Raccoon River Park Boathouse
After registering for this course you'll receive an email with a link back to our website that has details on what to bring, where to go, expectations, etc.
Introduction to Kayaking
• To receive a full refund for your registered course you must cancel at least 30 days prior to the start of your course.
• Cancelling any scheduled course less than 30 days prior to the beginning of the course will result in a $10 cancellation fee per registered participant. This fee will be deducted from the course payment and a refund will be issued unless you request we retain your balance as a credit for a future class or product. Refunds may take up to thirty days to receive from the cancellation date.
• NO REFUNDS will be given and NO CREDITS will be applied to a future course for any cancellation occurring less than 14 days (two weeks) prior to the beginning of the course.
• Not showing up the day of the class is considered to be a cancellation. NO REFUNDS or CREDITS will be given for not showing up the day of your course.
• CanoeSport Outfitters is not responsible for accidents, sudden mishaps, or health emergencies you may experience prior to or on your way to a course. While we recognize these situations can be difficult and frustrating, we are not obligated to provide refunds for unforeseen circumstances you may experience. If CanoeSport Outfitter’s experiences an unforeseen circumstance and cancels a class we will issue full refunds or allow a new course date to be selected without fees or penalties.
• Each student is responsible for making sure CanoeSport Outfitters has a valid email address. If you do not receive a confirmation email within one week of signing up for your course it is your responsibility to check your junk mail or call 515-961-6117 or 515-339-5582 so we can get an email out to you.
• Each student is responsible for being sure they review the material in each follow-up emails and understands our cancellation policies.
• Any cancellation or change to a course must be made by email and will not be considered valid until you have received a confirmation in return.
Changing Your Course Date
• You may change your course or the date of your course up to 30 days before your registered course date without penalty or fees.
• Less than 30 days from the start of your course ANY changes will require a $10 transfer fee per participant. Transfer fees are due at the time of the course change.
• NO CHANGES to your course may made less than 14 days (two weeks) from the start of your course. At this point you must re-register and pay for a new course. (See our cancellation policies above).