Lake Ahquabi Boat Rental and Concession
We have a landing and launching beach just north of our building specifically for rental boats.
We have solo and tandem kayaks, paddleboat, rowboats, fishing kayaks, stand up paddle boards, and canoes available for rent.
A selection of our rental and instructional kayaks are for sale at the end of the season! Put down your deposit today!
The concession stand is closed until spring 2023 due to the draining of the lake and park construction. We're sorry for an inconvenience.
Paddleboat (2-3 people)
Rowboat (3-5 people)
Kayak (1 person)
Tandem Kayak (2 people)
Canoe (2-3 people)
Stand Up Paddle Board
Fishing Kayak (1 person)
Raptor (2-8 people)
Rental Options and Rates
(all prices include local and state sales tax where applicable)
Season Punch Cards Available!
* Buy 10 1-hour rentals for the price of 8! *
Use for canoe, single kayak, or SUP rental.
(Must pre-pay to save! Expires)
Travel south on Hwy 65/69 approximately 5 miles south of Indianola. The road will widen out and a turn lane develops; you will see that Hwy 65/69 splits and at this point turn right onto Hwy. G58. Drive approximately 1 mile and you will come to a 4 way stop in front of the main entrance to Lake Ahquabi State Park. To reach the beach enter main entrance and continue straight following signs to the beach.
Frequently Answered Questions:
* Lifejackets are provided, included, and required to be worn by ALL renters age birth to 100!
* Any person under age 18 needs a guardian to sign the paperwork but IS ALLOWED to go out on watercraft alone with guardian's permission.
* First come first rent! We do not do reservations.
* Dogs are allowed but renter assumes all damage and must clean up all messes.
* You are allowed to take food and drink but NO ALCOHOL or TOBACCO!
* There are NO REFUNDS of any kind; for bad weather, hot sun, sad children, sweat, broken equipment, lack of fish, wind, bad tempers, hard work, tipping of boat, or lack of understanding of rules.
Hamburgers * Hot Dogs * Ice Cream * Pepsi and Coke * Water * Candy Bars * Gatorade * and MORE!
Worms * Ice * Firewood * Camping Supplies * Beach Toys * Fishing Tackle * Inflatable Rafts * and MORE!