Want to rent a SUP and try standing for the first time but don’t know where to even start? This course is ideal for first-time paddler’s who just want to understand the minimal skills to get onto a board and safely paddle on a small, calm body of water. We’ll show you how to adjust the size and grip of your paddle for both kneeling and standing, various ways to move from sitting to standing, proper foot placement on the board for good balance, how to get back onto your board in the event you fall off, and we’ll introduce basic strokes to help move your board in the direction you want.
Location: Raccoon River Park Boathouse
After registering for this class you will be sent an email containtaining a link to a waiver, directions, things to bring, expectations, etc.
Intro to Stand Up Paddling
• To receive a full refund for your registered course you must cancel at least 30 days prior to the start of your course.
• Cancelling any scheduled course less than 30 days prior to the beginning of the course will result in a $10 cancellation fee per registered participant. This fee will be deducted from the course payment and a refund will be issued unless you request we retain your balance as a credit for a future class or product. Refunds may take up to thirty days to receive from the cancellation date.
• NO REFUNDS will be given and NO CREDITS will be applied to a future course for any cancellation occurring less than 14 days (two weeks) prior to the beginning of the course.
• Not showing up the day of the class is considered to be a cancellation. NO REFUNDS or CREDITS will be given for not showing up the day of your course.
• CanoeSport Outfitters is not responsible for accidents, sudden mishaps, or health emergencies you may experience prior to or on your way to a course. While we recognize these situations can be difficult and frustrating, we are not obligated to provide refunds for unforeseen circumstances you may experience. If CanoeSport Outfitter’s experiences an unforeseen circumstance and cancels a class we will issue full refunds or allow a new course date to be selected without fees or penalties.
• Each student is responsible for making sure CanoeSport Outfitters has a valid email address. If you do not receive a confirmation email within one week of signing up for your course it is your responsibility to check your junk mail or call 515-961-6117 or 515-339-5582 so we can get an email out to you.
• Each student is responsible for being sure they review the material in each follow-up emails and understands our cancellation policies.
• Any cancellation or change to a course must be made by email and will not be considered valid until you have received a confirmation in return.
Changing Your Course Date
• You may change your course or the date of your course up to 30 days before your registered course date without penalty or fees.
• Less than 30 days from the start of your course ANY changes will require a $10 transfer fee per participant. Transfer fees are due at the time of the course change.
• NO CHANGES to your course may made less than 14 days (two weeks) from the start of your course. At this point you must re-register and pay for a new course. (See our cancellation policies above).